During the National Assembly of the Socialist Party (PS), Minister of Interior Affairs Saimir Tahiri spoke about the accomplishments of the police during the past years and promised a brutal war against crime in the next year.
- Our effort to make the country more secure doesn’t come from muscles, but from brains. The fight against corruption is our work.
- There is no square centimeter where the police isn’t entering and there is no one who is considered untouchable.
- For the next year, with the strategy for the war against drugs, we will achieve unimaginable results.
- Not that the Constitutional Court has paved the way for the implementation of the vetting law we will further increase our involvement.
- About 23% of the police force is under criminal investigation. That number should be enough to understand the state of the police that we found [in 2013].
- The National Investigation Bureau will fight organized crime and corruption and the culture of impunity.
- In these three years we settled the debt we inherited and the disasters of the past and duties from the floods that have occurred, compensating the damages for 5,418 families with a value of $17.4 million.
- Prime Minister Rama and the government decided for a full compensation of all value for families [who homes were] flooded. That makes us a solidary, social government that supports those who have the most need.